R&D Informatics & Data Engineer – Boston
About Frontier Medicines
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA and Boston, MA, is a precision medicine company that has pioneered a powerful discovery and development platform designed to generate medicines against disease-causing proteins previously considered undruggable. We are deploying our technologies in chemoproteomics, covalent drug discovery, and machine learning to develop a pipeline of groundbreaking medicines against the most important drivers of disease. Frontier has been recognized as a Fierce 15 company and a C&EN Start-Up to Watch. Our lead program targets both the active and inactive forms of KRASG12C, a validated driver in a number of cancers that until recently has been undruggable. Our pipeline embodies our vision of boldly advancing science to defeat disease, starting with cancer.
About the Role
Frontier Medicines is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Informatics team as a R&D Informatics/Data Engineer. Frontier relies, at its core, on a unique and high data volume R&D platform. Our scientists create and constantly develop new methods that generate more diverse and higher volume data from various experiment types including biochemical, mass spectrometry and other biophysical methods. Capturing, transforming, organizing, analyzing and visualizing these data is crucial for Frontier’s success and an is an ongoing effort. The successful candidate will closely work with the research and data scientists to identify, design and develop informatics solutions for the processing of key data that facilitate actionable decisions and lead to the advancement of drug discovery programs. This is an opportunity in our Boston site to join and work in a highly collaborative and energetic team in a startup environment with short communication lines across functions and departments.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to design, implement and support research informatic solutions directed towards the capture, processing, analysis and visualization of data generated from assays and custom data workflows.
- Prototype informatics solutions in a fast and efficient manner to aid in the design and troubleshooting of issues, in preparation for production-level solutions.
- Perform data engineering tasks on a routine basis; champion development of production ready workflows.
- Assist in the design, and maintain, the chemical, protein, cell line and biologics registration and inventory system.
- Develop and maintain electronic notebook-based applications and templates.
- Provide hands-on support on scientific applications and systems.
- Identify gaps in current in current methodologies, be able to implement new technologies in the field of research informatics and lead the internalization of novel solutions.
- Effectively communicate with scientists, software engineers, data scientists and other stakeholders.
- B.S., M.S. in Information Technology, Computer Science or the Life Sciences with a focus on computation and informatics.
- Experience with Python or Java, and SQL.
- Experience in data model and database design, and implementation & maintenance.
- Experience working in cloud-based environments, AWS preferred.
- Experience with the data processing, analysis and visualization of assay data (e.g. biochemical, cellular, gene expression, biophysical, chemoproteomics and in vivo) is preferred.
- Experience developing scientific informatics solutions for advancing drug discovery efforts is preferred.
- Experience with the Dotmatics suite of applications is highly preferred.
- Experience with design and development of APIs is preferred.
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical writing skills.
- Experience in drug discovery research organizations is highly preferred but not required
- The candidate should be driven, independent, experienced working in a cross-disciplinary team and thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.