Principal Scientist/Senior Scientist, Structure Biology - Boston
About Frontier Medicines
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA and Boston, MA, is a precision medicine company that has pioneered a powerful discovery and development platform designed to generate medicines against disease-causing proteins previously considered undruggable. We are deploying our technologies in chemoproteomics, covalent drug discovery, and machine learning to develop a pipeline of groundbreaking medicines against the most important drivers of disease. Frontier has been recognized as a Fierce 15 company and a C&EN Start-Up to Watch. Our lead program targets both the active and inactive forms of KRASG12C, a validated driver in a number of cancers that until recently has been undruggable. Our pipeline embodies our vision of boldly advancing science to defeat disease, starting with cancer.
About the Role
Frontier Medicines is seeking an energetic, creative, and highly skilled individual to fill the position of Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist in the Structural Biology group within our Innovation and Discovery Division. As a key member of the Structural Biology group, the successful candidate will be responsible for supporting multiple innovative drug discovery projects. The individual will work with a diverse team of scientists and strive for multi-disciplinary solutions to discover therapies for our patients. The individual will have regular opportunities to represent the Structural Biology group on project teams. The individual will have opportunity to lead methodology development in the expanding field of Structural Biology. The position will report to the Senior Director of Structural Biology and will be located in Boston.
- The primary focus will be to determine the molecular structures of disease relevant protein targets in apo or ligand bound forms; analyze and interpret the structures along with pertinent data to support structure-based drug design.
- Provide leadership to structurally enable a broad range of targets across different therapeutic areas
- Partner closely with protein chemists, biophysicists, computational chemists, medicinal chemists, and biologists, to advance small-molecule drug discovery programs. Regularly present structural data to project teams.
- Substantially contribute to the development and deployment of software and informatics systems for high-throughput structure determination.
- Coordinate and communicate with CROs that provide crystallography services to the group
- Ph.D. in Structural Biology, Biophysics, Biochemistry or other relevant field with 5+ years of industrial experience in structural biology and structure-based drug design is highly desired. Applicants holding an M.S. degree must have 10+ years of relevant experience.
- Broad experience with macromolecular crystallography, along with a proven track record of structure determination is required.
- Prior industry experience in performing high-throughput structure determination is preferred
- Experience in scientific programming in Python and shell scripting in a Linux environment is a plus
- Experience in structure determination with cryo-EM is a plus
- Flexibility to work in an environment with evolving priorities and timelines,
- Strong interpersonal, written & verbal communication, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated track record of accomplishments, publications, and conference presentations.
- Legally authorized to work in the U.S.