Director / Sr. Director Communications - South San Francisco or Boston
About Frontier Medicines
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA and Boston, MA, is a precision medicine company that has pioneered a powerful discovery and development platform designed to generate medicines against disease-causing proteins previously considered undruggable. We are deploying our technologies in chemoproteomics, covalent drug discovery, and machine learning to develop a pipeline of groundbreaking medicines against the most important drivers of disease. Frontier has been recognized as a Fierce 15 company and a C&EN Start-Up to Watch. Our lead program targets both the active and inactive forms of KRASG12C, a validated driver in a number of cancers that until recently has been undruggable. Our pipeline embodies our vision of boldly advancing science to defeat disease, starting with cancer.
About the Role
Are you a strong communications professional who demonstrates sound judgment and has an exceptionally high level of comfort interacting, building trust, and persuading key stakeholders to help drive effective communications? If so, this is an opportunity for you to join a growing, dynamic, experienced and highly motivated team!
The Director / Sr. Director, Communications role will drive the creation and implementation of public relations strategies, plans, and tactics for Frontier Medicines. In this role, the successful candidate will proactively prepare and execute communications plans and materials that will support the company's reputation by ensuring the organization is appropriately and strategically positioned with analysts, investors, media, and all other relevant stakeholders. This role will support management in developing the overall investor relations and corporate communications strategy and will be responsible for its execution. This position will report directly to the Chief Business Officer and will have significant exposure to senior leadership.
- Work with Executive Leadership team to develop and execute a comprehensive, best-in-class corporate communications program, that aligns with company strategy and leverages a strong understanding of the investment, biotech and pharmaceutical communities to enhance the perception and visibility of the organization.
- Collaborate with various functions within the company to develop consistent messaging and flow across all external collateral materials.
- Develop and execute measurable, integrated external public relations plans to raise the profile of Frontier Medicines.
- Share market intelligence and investor perceptions of the company’s performance, and make sure investors are represented as a key stakeholder in the formation/execution of program strategy and communications.
- Build relationships with key business / industry / media and influencers to amplify the organization and company narrative / positioning.
- Gather real-time insights and analysis from analyst reports, investment sentiment and competitor activity.
- Shape news moments and overall messaging of Frontier’s most important milestones.
- Drive thought leadership / speaking engagements, issues management, employee engagement, and leader communications in support of Frontier’s reputation.
- Develop and implement an editorial plan to support the business, contribute to the overall digital/social media strategy and publishing for the company.
- Design and implement measurement practices to actively manage, optimize and communicate performance against objectives.
- 10+ years of IR/Corporate Communications experience at a public biotech/pharma/life science company.
- Bachelor's degree required, ideally in Communications/Public Relations or related field. Master's degree preferred.
- Understanding and success with social and digital content/publishing approaches.
- Existing top-tier media relationships is a plus.
- A creative and solutions-oriented mentality when it comes to problem-solving.
- Exceptional collaboration skills with the ability to partner effectively within the department and across the business to drive and scale communications strategies.
- Strong grasp of storytelling that can engage and energize employees and support the company's business objectives.
- Ability to influence and advise leadership in both communications and business settings.
- Superior written and interpersonal communications skills. Strong presentation and facilitation skills; ability to engage with and persuade a wide variety of audiences.
- Able to quickly learn the business and handle confidential information.
- Advanced proficiency in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Concur, and Outlook.
- Must be able to anticipate needs, be proactive and exercise independent decision-making.
- Must be able to perform in a high-pressure environment and be able to meet tight deadlines.