June 19, 2019
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA, is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering breakthrough technologies to drug the “undruggable” proteome. Frontier Medicines’ proprietary platform uses chemoproteomics – an innovative approach to chemically interrogate proteins in living systems – to discover and pharmacologically target new binding pockets (or hotspots) on proteins for the purpose of making them accessible to therapeutic intervention.
Frontier Medicines is seeking a multi-talented and highly motivated IT individual to join our growing team and help design and lead implementation of our computing environments and cloud-based architecture. We are using a mixed computational & experimental approach to redefine which proteins can be targeted by small molecule drugs and are basing our work on a proprietary chemproteomics platform.
Frontier is establishing a cloud-based state of the art high performance computing environment to ensure flawless execution of algorithms and onboarding of our ever-growing internal data. The successful candidate will not only design and implement this environment and associated software suites but also maintain and adapt its layout as the needs change and evolve. In this exciting role he/she will have the opportunity to wear multiple hats, develop leadership skills and apply expertise from various disciplines.
This role is key to Frontier Medicine’s success and an opportunity to join and work in a highly collaborative and energetic team in a startup environment with short communication lines across functions and departments. The position will report directly to the CTO and is located in South San Francisco.
- Cloud infrastructure administration including governance, usage reporting and cost control measures.
- Development, design, customization, implementation and on-going support of scientific computing environment, workflows and licensed informatics applications.
- Design, development and implementation of web based applications and security protocols.
- Design Frontier’s evolving High Performance Computing (HPC) and other informatics systems.
- Serve as a strategic and hands-on individual contributor resource.
- If needed oversee and guide external resources and tech partners, act as point person for IT contractor and support companies.
- B.S. or greater in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Life Sciences or a related technical field or significant experience in supporting and managing cloud-based computing platforms and applications.
- Multiple years professional experience preferably in a healthcare/biotech or academic research informatics settings.
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux, shell scripting, and programming (e.g., Python, Java, SQL).
- Working knowledge of database administration incl. data modeling concepts and maintenance preferably including big data platforms (e.g., MySQL, Postgres, SQL Server, Oracle, Hive, Spark).
- Strong working knowledge of mature cloud-based environments and services, provisioning and administration (e.g. Google, AWS, Azure).
- Ability to work with independence and drive in a startup environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.