July 30, 2019
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA, is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering breakthrough technologies to drug the “undruggable” proteome. Targeting a majority of the human proteome with small molecule drugs has been historically unsuccessful, which is one of the most critical challenges in addressing human disease. Frontier’s platform, based on proprietary chemoproteomic technologies, novel protein degradation approaches, and sophisticated machine learning algorithms, makes drugging the “undruggable” proteome finally feasible – enabling a paradigm shift in drug discovery. Our therapeutic programs are focused on some of the most important and difficult targets in human disease, starting with cancer, in order to change the lives of patients for the better.
On Sept. 23, 2019, FierceBiotech named Frontier Medicines as one of 2019’s Fierce 15 biotechnology companies. This is FierceBiotech’s 17th annual Fierce 15 selection, which recognizes the most promising private biotechnology companies in the industry.
Frontier Medicines is seeking a highly motivated and experienced assay development biochemist to fill the position of Senior Scientist/Principal Scientist in the Discovery Biology group. The successful candidate will play a leading role in the development of in vitro biochemical and biophysical assays to drive the drug discovery pipeline by conducting compound screening, lead identification and mechanism of action studies. This individual will work closely with an experienced team of interdisciplinary scientists and have regular opportunities to represent the Discovery Biology group on project teams and interact with the senior management. The position will report to the Director of Discovery Biology and is located in South San Francisco.
- Design, execute, and analyze key biological experimental strategies to develop novel approaches in biochemical/biophysical assay development and drug discovery.
- Contribute to hit finding, lead identification and optimization efforts, and further enable development of a preclinical pipeline of valuable drug discovery programs.
- Contribute to the preclinical development of lead assets to achieve project deliverables.
- Identify gaps in experimental methodology and implement new technologies for a more efficient and productive execution of compound screening campaigns and prosecution of screening hits.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues and stakeholders; create and present research updates and provide strategic input to team/company meetings.
- Coordinate with external contract research organizations and with other collaborators, as needed.
- Maintain a clear, detailed laboratory notebook to document all experiments and findings.
- Comply with best laboratory safety practices.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Enzymology or a related discipline, with at least 6 years of relevant post-graduate and pharma/biotech experience.
- Broad experience in developing and optimizing solution-based biochemical assays (e.g. AlphaScreen, HTRF, luminescence, fluorescence polarization) is required.
- Skilled in quantitative analysis of experimental results including enzyme kinetic and ligand equilibrium binding data.
- Experience in biophysical techniques and analytical characterization of proteins is highly desirable.
- Experience with laboratory instrumentation and automation for medium throughput compound screening.
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical writing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to learn new skills.
- Demonstrated track record of accomplishments and publications in biochemistry.
- The candidate should be driven, have experience working in a cross-disciplinary team and thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.