June 2, 2021
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA, is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering breakthrough technologies to drug the “undruggable” proteome. Frontier Medicines’ proprietary platform uses chemoproteomics – an innovative approach to chemically interrogate proteins in living systems – to discover and pharmacologically target new binding pockets (or hotspots) on proteins for the purpose of making them accessible to therapeutic intervention.
We are a data driven research company with a unique chemoproteomics platform at its core. Our platform generates massive amounts of data and we have established a cloud-based and on-premise state of the art high performance computing environment. This infrastructure enables flawless execution of data workflows, algorithms, visualization and onboarding of our ever-growing proprietary internal data. We are continuously developing new methods needing customized data handling and are striving to further improve our end-to-end data pipeline and applications.
Frontier Medicines is seeking a talented, experienced and self-driven software engineer to develop software solutions to support key activities at Frontier enabling quick data-driven decision making. This can include data analysis tools, algorithms and data pipelines to extract, transform and analyze Frontier’s proprietary proteomics data and end user applications for insight dissemination and data visualization. Working very closely with scientists in a multidisciplinary environment, the successful candidate, as a senior informatics/IT professional in the company, will have the opportunity to participate and lead in strategic discussions about future investments and development in the area of data as well as influencing the design and architecture of Frontier’s infrastructure.
Automated analysis pipelines, sometimes paired with machine learning algorithms are central to everything we do at Frontier and hence the successful candidate will play an important role as a key team member working with data scientists and research scientists to harness the full potential from our unique data allowing us to reshape small molecule drug discovery.
This role is key to Frontier Medicine’s success and an opportunity to join and work in a highly collaborative and energetic team in a startup environment with short communication lines across functions and departments. This position and is located in South San Francisco and will report to the Head of Research Informatics.
- Design, implement, document and maintain systems, applications and workflows that support the collection, storage, management, analysis, integration and visualization of various data in chemoproteomics research.
- Support and enhance Frontier on-premise and cloud scientific computing environment.
- Serve as a strategic and hands-on individual contributor working independently and also in collaboration with interdisciplinary teams of chemists, biologists, software engineers and data scientists.
- B.S. with >7 or M.S./Ph.D. with >4 years professional experience in, Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology.
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Python or Java.
- Experience with database design, software development, and solutions as data services to enable interoperability and delivery to end-users.
- Up to date with technology trends, interested to learn and develop in innovative new data solutions and applications.
- Working knowledge in cloud-based environments, AWS experience is a plus.
- Ability to work with independence and drive in a startup environment.
- Experience in drug discovery research organizations is highly preferred.
- Experience in mass spectrometry and proteomics data analysis is highly preferred.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.