July 6, 2020
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA, is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering breakthrough technologies to drug the “undruggable” proteome. Frontier Medicines’ proprietary platform uses chemoproteomics – an innovative approach to chemically interrogate proteins in living systems – to discover and pharmacologically target new binding pockets (or hotspots) on proteins for the purpose of making them accessible to therapeutic intervention.
Our platform generates massive amounts of data and as a data-driven company, we are ever striving to further improve and buildup our database, data-pipelining and data analysis and visualization infrastructure. Frontier Medicines is seeking a multi-talented development efforts supporting that key activity at Frontier by conducting and organizing data engineering, pipelining and storage solutions. As a highly innovative, scientific driven company, the successful candidate will also contribute to analysis workflows and end user tool developments for insight dissemination and data visualization.
As a senior IT professional in the company, the successful candidate will lead and participate in strategic discussions about the future design and investments in the area of data cloud-based solutions as well as influencing the design and layout of Frontier’s on premise infrastructure.
As a data driven research company with a data intensive chemoproteomics platform at its core, Frontier has established an on-premise and cloud-based state of the art high performance computing environment. This infrastructure enables flawless execution of data workflows, algorithms, visualization and onboarding of our ever-growing proprietary internal data. As a senior IT professional in the company, the successful candidate will not only continue to shape and design this environment and associated software suites but also maintain and adapt its layout as the needs change and evolve. In this exciting role he/she will have the opportunity to wear multiple hats, lead and participate in strategic discussions about the future design and investments in the area of data cloud-based solutions as well as influencing the design and layout of Frontier’s on-premise infrastructure.
Our machine learning algorithms are central to everything we do at Frontier and hence the successful candidate will play an important role as a key team member with data scientists and research scientists to harness the full potential from our unique data allowing us to reshape small molecule drug discovery.
This role is key to Frontier Medicine’s success and an opportunity to join and work in a highly collaborative and energetic team in a startup environment with short communication lines across functions and departments. This position and is located in South San Francisco and will report directly to the CTO.
- Development, design, customization, implementation and on-going support of scientific computing environment, workflows and licensed informatics applications.
- Design, development and implementation of web based applications and security protocols.
- Key liaison to external IT resources managing Frontier’s cloud infrastructure and corporate IT.
- Design and implement data workflows powering our discovery engines.
- Serve as a strategic and hands-on individual contributor resource.
- BS with >7 or MS/PhD with >4 years professional experience in Information Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Life Sciences or a related technical field or significant experience in supporting and managing data solutions and cloud-based computing platforms and applications.
- Knowledge of Linux, shell scripting, and programming (e.g., Python, Java, SQL).
- Experience with database design, software development, and solutions as data services to enable interoperability and delivery to end-users.
- Up to date with technology trends, interested to learn and develop in innovative new data solutions and applications.
- Deep knowledge of working in cloud-based environments, AWS experience is a plus.
- Ability to work with independence and drive in a startup environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.