August 1, 2019
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA, is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering breakthrough technologies to drug the “undruggable” proteome. Targeting a majority of the human proteome with small molecule drugs has been historically unsuccessful, which is one of the most critical challenges in addressing human disease. Frontier’s platform, based on proprietary chemoproteomic technologies, novel protein degradation approaches, and sophisticated machine learning algorithms, makes drugging the “undruggable” proteome finally feasible – enabling a paradigm shift in drug discovery. Our therapeutic programs are focused on some of the most important and difficult targets in human disease, starting with cancer, in order to change the lives of patients for the better.
Do you want to make a lasting impact on human health? Are you passionate about your craft and enjoy it the most when you can use it together with a highly energetic and competent team to strive towards a common goal? Are you a creative problem solver who does what it takes? If so, this might be your dream job.
Frontier Medicines is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Sr. Director/Director, Disease Biology to lead our newly forming Disease biology team that is focused on target validation, drug mechanism of action, cancer biology, pharmacology and biomarker discovery. The successful candidate will lead a team that enables the drug discovery project pipeline delivering strategy and key data to drive new ideas into clinical development. The team is focused on the discovery of new medicines to treat cancers and other serious disorders. The position will report to the Chief Scientific Officer and will be located in South San Francisco.
The Sr. Director/Director, Disease Biology is a key contributor to Frontier Medicines’ success and will be interacting with senior leaders, including the CEO, routinely. This is an opportunity to join and work in a highly collaborative and energetic team in a startup environment with short communication lines across functions and departments.
- To lead the disease biology team and coordinate their activities across the drug discovery pipeline.
- To design, execute, and analyze key biological experimental strategies to tackle previously undruggable drivers of disease and enable clinical development strategies, with a high level of independence and creativity.
- Contribute to and lead project teams focused on target selection, target validation, lead generation and lead optimization to enable delivery of novel drug candidates into clinical development.
- Oversee design and build out of disease biology strategy and platform technologies.
- To establish and lead collaborations with leaders in the oncology community.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues and stakeholders; create and present research updates and provide strategic input to team/company meetings; enable presentation and publication of novel discoveries.
- Responsible for the group maintaining clear, detailed laboratory notebooks to document all experiments and findings.
- Comply with best laboratory safety practices.
- Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. in a biological or chemical science (biochemistry, biophysics, cellular biology, bioengineering, or related discipline), with at least 10 years of relevant post-graduate experience that includes experience in the biotech or pharma sectors.
- Deep scientific and technical expertise in assay development and drug discovery.
- Experience in oncology drug discovery and protein degrader technologies.
- Experience supervising and direct reports and managing multifunction teams.
- Successful track record of publications in high-impact, peer-reviewed journals and presentations at relevant research meetings.
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical writing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to learn new skills.
- Ability to work with independence and drive in a startup environment.
- A commitment to excellence, including ensuring that fellow team members focus on high quality science and a professional working environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.