March 31, 2020
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA, is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering breakthrough technologies to drug the “undruggable” proteome. Targeting a majority of the human proteome with small molecule drugs has been historically unsuccessful, which is one of the most critical challenges in addressing human disease. Frontier’s platform, based on proprietary chemoproteomic technologies, novel protein degradation approaches, and sophisticated machine learning algorithms, makes drugging the “undruggable” proteome finally feasible – enabling a paradigm shift in drug discovery. Our therapeutic programs are focused on some of the most important and difficult targets in human disease, starting with cancer, in order to change the lives of patients for the better.
On Sept. 23, 2019, FierceBiotech named Frontier Medicines as one of 2019’s Fierce 15 biotechnology companies. This is FierceBiotech’s 17th annual Fierce 15 selection, which recognizes the most promising private biotechnology companies in the industry.
Frontier medicines is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of in vivo pharmacology team lead in the Disease Biology team. The successful candidate will manage all aspects of pre-clinical in vivo research and play a leading role in design and coordination of pharmacology studies such as efficacy and PKPD in CDX, PDX and GEMM models.
- Responsible for all aspects of Frontier’s internal and external in vivo research operations.
- Management and operation of Frontier’s state-of-the-art in vivo research facility and assets including writing IACUC protocols, equipment maintenance, animal shipments, inventories, service contracts and supplies.
- Design, coordination and implementation of pharmacology studies in support of projects including, PKPD and efficacy in CDX, PDX, syngeneic and GEMM oncology models.
- Collaborating with Frontier scientists to plan and execute model development and pharmacology studies.
- Ex vivo analyses of tumor samples, including tissue harvesting and processing, analysis of analytes (e.g. protein analysis by western blot, IHC).
- Develop standardized animal husbandry policies, protocols, training and SOPs in collaboration with the consulting veterinarian and vivarium operations.
- Ensure adherence to applicable institutional, state, and federal laws, regulations and guidelines.
- Minimally a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in pharmacology or related biology field (a Ph.D. is preferred).
- 10 years of experience in in vivo pharmacology in an industry animal research facility.
- Experience with small molecule drug discovery.
- AALAS certification at the Laboratory Animal Technologist (LATC) level.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including IND reporting.
- Good working knowledge of regulations related to animal care in research.
- Familiarity with a broad variety of preclinical rodent disease models, especially cancer.
- Highly organized, detail-orientated and a team player.
- The candidate should be driven, have experience working in a cross-disciplinary team and thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.