July 30, 2019
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA, is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering breakthrough technologies to drug the “undruggable” proteome. Targeting a majority of the human proteome with small molecule drugs has been historically unsuccessful, which is one of the most critical challenges in addressing human disease. Frontier’s platform, based on proprietary chemoproteomic technologies, novel protein degradation approaches, and sophisticated machine learning algorithms, makes drugging the “undruggable” proteome finally feasible – enabling a paradigm shift in drug discovery. Our therapeutic programs are focused on some of the most important and difficult targets in human disease, starting with cancer, in order to change the lives of patients for the better.
Do you want to make a lasting impact on human health? Are you passionate about your craft and enjoy it the most when you can use it together with a highly energetic and competent team to strive towards a common goal? Are you a creative problem solver who does what it takes? If so, this might be your dream job.
Frontier Medicines is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Scientist / Senior Scientist Cell Biology to join our newly forming Discovery Biology team. The successful candidate will play a leading role in assay design, development and drug testing to drive the drug discovery pipeline.
The Cell Biology scientist is a key contributor to Frontier Medicines’ success and will be interacting with senior leaders including the CEO routinely. This is an opportunity to join and work in a highly collaborative and energetic team in a startup environment with short communication lines across functions and departments.
At Frontier Medicines, we are focused on the discovery of new medicines to treat cancers and other serious disorders leveraging our evolving internal chemoproteomics pipeline. The position will report to the Head of Discovery Biology and is located in South San Francisco.
- Help design, execute, and analyze key biological experimental strategies to develop novel approaches in assay development and drug discovery, with a high level of independence and creativity.
- Contribute to target selection, target validation, and further enable the development of a preclinical pipeline of valuable drug discovery programs.
- Contribute to the preclinical development of lead assets to achieve project deliverables.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues and stakeholders; create and present research updates and provide strategic input to team/company meetings.
- Coordinate with external contract research organizations and with other collaborators, as needed.
- Maintain a clear, detailed laboratory notebook to document all experiments and findings.
- Comply with best laboratory safety practices.
- Ph.D. in a biological science (biochemistry, molecular biology, cellular biology, bioengineering, or related discipline), with at least 4 years of relevant post-graduate and pharma/biotech experience.
- Experience working in drug discovery project teams, cell-based assay design, assay development and drug testing.
- Experience with mammalian cell engineering and associated techniques including CRISPR and siRNA/shRNA knockdown.
- Experience with cellular and biochemical techniques, including FACS, ELISA, immuno-blotting, and immunofluorescence.
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical writing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to learn new skills.
- Demonstrated track record of accomplishments and publications in biology.
- Ability to work with and manage multifunction teams.
- Ability to work with independence and drive in a startup environment.
- A commitment to excellence, including ensuring that fellow team members focus on high quality science and a professional working environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.