November 10, 2020
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA, is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering breakthrough technologies to drug the “undruggable” proteome. Targeting a majority of the human proteome with small molecule drugs has been historically unsuccessful, which is one of the most critical challenges in addressing human disease. Frontier’s platform, based on proprietary chemoproteomic technologies, novel protein degradation approaches, and sophisticated machine learning algorithms, makes drugging the “undruggable” proteome finally feasible – enabling a paradigm shift in drug discovery. Our therapeutic programs are focused on some of the most important and difficult targets in human disease, starting with cancer, in order to change the lives of patients for the better.
On Sept. 23, 2019, FierceBiotech named Frontier Medicines as one of 2019’s Fierce 15 biotechnology companies. This is FierceBiotech’s 17th annual Fierce 15 selection, which recognizes the most promising private biotechnology companies in the industry.
Frontier Medicines is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Scientist / Senior Scientist, Biophysics, in our Discovery Biology team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing biophysical assays to drive the drug discovery pipeline by conducting compound screening, lead identification and mechanism of action studies.
As a member of a cross-disciplinary team of scientists, the successful candidate will contribute to advancement of projects by generating binding/kinetic data and will be interacting with project teams routinely. This is an opportunity to join and work in a highly collaborative and energetic team in a startup environment with short communication lines across functions and departments.
At Frontier Medicines, we are focused on the discovery of new medicines to treat cancers and other serious disorders leveraging our evolving internal chemoproteomics pipeline.
- Design, execute, and analyze key biophysical experimental strategies to develop novel approaches in biophysical assay development and drug discovery, with a high level of independence and creativity.
- Contribute to hit finding, lead identification and optimization efforts, and further enable development of a preclinical pipeline of valuable drug discovery programs.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field and help implement novel techniques for enhanced workflows and/or improved data quality.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues and stakeholders; create and present research updates at project team meetings and other settings.
- Maintain a clear, detailed laboratory notebook to document all experiments and findings.
- Comply with best laboratory safety practices.
- Ph.D. in Biophysics, Biochemistry or a related field with at least 3 years of relevant post-graduate and pharma/biotech experience.
- Experience using biophysical techniques to analyze protein-small molecule and macromolecular interactions is required.
- Hands-on experience using Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) spectroscopy, especially on Biacore platforms (e.g., S200, 8k+) is required. Experience with other biophysical techniques (e.g. ITC, DSF, DLS, BLI) is a plus.
- Expertise with kinetic and thermodynamic characterization and quantitative analysis of ligand binding interactions.
- Experience with liquid handling and automation systems is desirable.
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical writing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work with independence and drive in a startup environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.