November 10, 2019
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA, is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering breakthrough technologies to drug the “undruggable” proteome. Targeting a majority of the human proteome with small molecule drugs has been historically unsuccessful, which is one of the most critical challenges in addressing human disease. Frontier’s platform, based on proprietary chemoproteomic technologies, novel protein degradation approaches, and sophisticated machine learning algorithms, makes drugging the “undruggable” proteome finally feasible – enabling a paradigm shift in drug discovery. Our therapeutic programs are focused on some of the most important and difficult targets in human disease, starting with cancer, in order to change the lives of patients for the better.
Frontier Medicines is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Scientist to join our Discovery Biology team. The successful candidate will play a leading role in developing in vitro biochemical assays to drive drug discovery projects. This individual will work closely with an experienced team of interdisciplinary scientists and have regular opportunities to represent the Discovery Biology group on project teams and interact with the senior management.
This is an opportunity to join and work in a highly collaborative and energetic team in a startup environment with short communication lines across functions and departments. At Frontier Medicines, we are focused on the discovery of new medicines to treat cancers and other serious disorders leveraging our evolving internal chemoproteomics pipeline. The position will report to the Director of Discovery Biology and is located in South San Francisco.
- Design and execute optimized, validated biochemical assays in support of drug discovery efforts with a high level of independence and creativity.
- Contribute to hit finding, lead generation and optimization strategies to progress Frontier’s drug discovery pipeline to deliver high quality drug candidates by carrying out primary screens and performing mechanism of action studies.
- Analyze and interpret data with rigor and independence.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues and stakeholders; create and present research updates at project team meetings and other settings.
- Maintain awareness of developments in the field and help implement novel technologies for enhanced workflows and/or improved data quality.
- Work collaboratively with team members across functions.
- Maintain a clear, detailed laboratory notebook to document all experiments and findings.
- Comply with best laboratory safety practices.
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Enzymology or a related discipline, with at least 3 years of relevant post-graduate and pharma/biotech experience.
- Experience in developing and optimizing solution-based biochemical assays (e.g., AlphaScreen, HTRF, luminescence, fluorescence polarization) is required.
- Experience in biophysical techniques and analytical characterization of proteins is highly desirable.
- Well-versed in fundamental principles for kinetic and thermodynamic characterization of molecular interactions.
- Skilled in quantitative analysis of experimental results.
- Experience with laboratory instrumentation and automation for medium throughput compound screening.
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical writing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to learn new skills.
- Demonstrated track record of accomplishments and publications in Biochemistry.
- The candidate should be driven, have experience working in a cross-disciplinary team and thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
- A commitment to excellence, focus on high quality science and a professional working environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.