April 29, 2020
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA, is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering breakthrough technologies to drug the “undruggable” proteome. Targeting a majority of the human proteome with small molecule drugs has been historically unsuccessful, which is one of the most critical challenges in addressing human disease. Frontier’s platform, based on proprietary chemoproteomic technologies, novel protein degradation approaches, and sophisticated machine learning algorithms, makes drugging the “undruggable” proteome finally feasible – enabling a paradigm shift in drug discovery. Our therapeutic programs are focused on some of the most important and difficult targets in human disease, starting with cancer, in order to change the lives of patients for the better.
On Sept. 23, 2019, FierceBiotech named Frontier Medicines as one of 2019’s Fierce 15 biotechnology companies. This is FierceBiotech’s 17th annual Fierce 15 selection, which recognizes the most promising private biotechnology companies in the industry.
We are seeking a highly skilled and motivated scientist with expertise in protein sciences to join Frontier Medicines Discovery Biology group. The successful candidate will provide scientific leadership and hands-on experience in protein expression and purification to support biochemical, biophysical and structural efforts. This individual will work closely with an experienced team of interdisciplinary scientists and have regular opportunities to present findings to the project team and senior management. The candidate should have a strong desire to learn new techniques and the ability to incorporate new methodologies into their work. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, resourceful, organized, focused, and enjoy working in a dynamic team environment driven to deliver quality proteins to enable drug discovery. The position will report to the Head of Discovery Biology and is located in South San Francisco.
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry, Cell and Molecular Biology, or related field with 4+ years industry experience.
- Expert in protein expression in E.coli, insect and/or mammalian cells.
- Hands-on expertise on purification of proteins from bacterial, mammalian and insect expression
systems for biophysical and biochemical applications.
- Proficient in the operation of purification instrumentation (e.g. AKTA, ultracentrifugation) and
purification techniques including but not limited to affinity chromatography, SEC, Ion-Exchange
- Hands-on expertise on protein characterization techniques including SDS-PAGE, WB, MS and DSF.
- The candidate should be driven, have experience working in a cross-disciplinary team and thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Demonstrated track record of accomplishments, publications and conference presentations.
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical writing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to learn new skills.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.