February 3, 2021
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA, is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering breakthrough technologies to drug the “undruggable” proteome. Targeting much of the human proteome with small molecule drugs has been historically unsuccessful, which is one of the most critical challenges in addressing human disease. Frontier’s platform, based on proprietary chemoproteomic technologies, novel protein degradation approaches, and sophisticated machine learning algorithms, makes drugging the “undruggable” proteome finally feasible – enabling a paradigm shift in drug discovery. Our therapeutic programs are focused on some of the most important and difficult targets in human disease, starting with cancer, in order to change the lives of patients for the better.
On Sept. 23, 2019, FierceBiotech named Frontier Medicines as one of 2019’s Fierce 15 biotechnology companies. This is FierceBiotech’s 17th annual Fierce 15 selection, which recognizes the most promising private biotechnology companies in the industry.
Frontier medicines is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Research Associate in the Disease Biology team. The successful candidate is expected to have an excellent working knowledge of molecular and cell biology techniques in oncology research. This position requires working as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced drug-hunting environment.
- Design, execute, and analyze key biological experiments to define drug mechanism of action, develop novel disease models and biomarkers for target engagement and patient selection with independence and creativity.
- Contribute to target validation to ensure the development of a robust preclinical pipeline of impactful drug discovery programs.
- Contribute to project teams and the preclinical development of lead assets to achieve project deliverables.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues and stakeholders; create and present research updates and provide scientific input to team/company meetings.
- Coordinate with external contract research organizations and with other collaborators, as needed.
- Maintain a clear, detailed electronic laboratory notebook to document all experiments and findings.
- Comply with best laboratory safety practices.
- BSc or MSc in a biological science (biochemistry, molecular biology, cellular biology or related discipline), with at least 3-5 years of relevant post-graduate and pharma/biotech experience.
- Experience in cancer biology, working in oncology drug discovery project teams, cancer cell-based assay design, assay development and drug testing.
- Experience with mammalian tumor cell engineering and associated techniques including CRISPR and siRNA/shRNA knockdown.
- Experience with cellular and biochemical techniques, including FACS, ELISA, immuno-blotting, and immunofluorescence/histochemistry.
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical writing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to learn new skills.
- Demonstrated track record of accomplishments and publications in biology.
- The candidate should be driven, have experience working in a cross-disciplinary team and thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
- A commitment to excellence, focus on high quality science and a professional working environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.