February 11, 2020
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA, is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering breakthrough technologies to drug the “undruggable” proteome. Targeting much of the human proteome with small molecule drugs has been historically unsuccessful, which is one of the most critical challenges in addressing human disease. Frontier’s platform, based on proprietary chemoproteomic technologies and sophisticated machine learning algorithms, makes drugging the “undruggable” proteome finally feasible – enabling a paradigm shift in drug discovery. Our therapeutic programs are focused on some of the most important and difficult targets in human disease, starting with cancer, in order to change the lives of patients for the better.
On Sept. 23, 2019, FierceBiotech named Frontier Medicines as one of 2019’s Fierce 15 biotechnology companies. This is FierceBiotech’s 17th annual Fierce 15 selection, which recognizes the most promising private biotechnology companies in the industry.
Frontier medicines is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Research Associate in the Disease Biology team’s in vivo group. The successful candidate is expected to have a working knowledge of in vivo research and mouse models of oncology. This position requires working as part of a multidisciplinary team in a fast-paced drug-hunting environment.
- Actively participate in animal observations and care, cell culture and mouse model development.
- Execute key in vivo experiments to demonstrate efficacy of novel compounds.
- Contribute to project teams and the preclinical development of lead assets to achieve project deliverables.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues and stakeholders; engage in the science beyond the experimental objective.
- Maintain a clear, detailed electronic laboratory notebook to document all experiments and findings.
- Comply with best laboratory safety practices.
- BS in a biological science (animal science, pharmacology, cellular biology or related discipline), with at least 2-4 years of relevant pharma/biotech experience.
- Experience in cancer biology, working in oncology drug discovery project teams, rodent cancer model development and drug testing.
- Experience with cell culture.
- Experience with in vivo techniques, including dosing, blood collection, and model development.
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical writing skills.
- Willingness to learn and adapt quickly, take initiative when warranted, and thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
- A commitment to excellence, focus on high quality science and a professional working environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.