January 27, 2021
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA, is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering breakthrough technologies to drug the “undruggable” proteome. Targeting a majority of the human proteome with small molecule drugs has been historically unsuccessful, which is one of the most critical challenges in addressing human disease. Frontier’s platform, based on proprietary chemoproteomic technologies, novel protein degradation approaches, and sophisticated machine learning algorithms, makes drugging the “undruggable” proteome finally feasible – enabling a paradigm shift in drug discovery. Our therapeutic programs are focused on some of the most important and difficult targets in human disease, starting with cancer, in order to change the lives of patients for the better.
On Sept. 23, 2019, FierceBiotech named Frontier Medicines as one of 2019’s Fierce 15 biotechnology companies. This was FierceBiotech’s 17th annual Fierce 15 selection, which recognizes the most promising private biotechnology companies in the industry. Additionally, Frontier has recently made news with an agreement to a very exciting collaboration with AbbVie .
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate with expertise in proteomics and mass spectrometry to join the Frontier Medicines Chemical Biology group. The successful candidate will be responsible for performing chemical biology assays across a variety of disciplines and techniques to drive drug discovery. Experience with activity-based protein profiling and chemoproteomics is highly desirable.
This individual will work closely with an experienced team of interdisciplinary scientists and have regular opportunities to present findings to the project team and senior management. The candidate should have a strong desire to learn new techniques and the ability to incorporate new methodologies into their work. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, resourceful, organized, focused, and enjoy working in a dynamic team environment driven to deliver quality data to enable drug discovery.
- Execute mass spectrometry-based assays for lead identification, optimization, and characterization with a high level of independence.
- Develop and execute activity-based protein profiling assays for target-engagement assessment and selectivity profiling (gel-based, proteomics, etc).
- Troubleshoot and optimize experiments to ensure generation of high-quality data.
- Routinely use automation and liquid-handlers to execute key assays.
- Analyze data and provide updates to project teams while meeting strict timelines and goals.
- Maintain a clear, detailed laboratory notebook to document all experiments and findings.
- Comply with best laboratory safety practices.
- B.S. or Master’s degree in Chemical Biology/Biochemistry, Cell/Molecular Biology, or related field with 2+ years industry/academic lab experience.
- Hands-on expertise with chemical biology/biochemistry techniques such as gel electrophoresis, western blot, and enzymatic digestion/lysate characterization required.
- Experience with mass spectrometry (intact protein characterization, TMT proteomics, activity-based protein profiling etc) is highly desirable.
- Experience with liquid-handling and automation is highly desirable.
- The candidate should be driven, have a desire to work in a cross-disciplinary team, and thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Excellent communication, organization, time management, and technical writing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability/desire to learn new skills.
- Research Associate level will be determined based on level of experience.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.