August 17, 2020
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA, is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering breakthrough technologies to drug the “undruggable” proteome. Targeting a majority of the human proteome with small molecule drugs has been historically unsuccessful, which is one of the most critical challenges in addressing human disease. Frontier’s platform, based on proprietary chemoproteomic technologies, novel protein degradation approaches, and sophisticated machine learning algorithms, makes drugging the “undruggable” proteome finally feasible – enabling a paradigm shift in drug discovery. Our therapeutic programs are focused on some of the most important and difficult targets in human disease, starting with cancer, in order to change the lives of patients for the better.
On Sept. 23, 2019, FierceBiotech named Frontier Medicines as one of 2019’s Fierce 15 biotechnology companies. This is FierceBiotech’s 17th annual Fierce 15 selection, which recognizes the most promising private biotechnology companies in the industry.
We are seeking a highly motivated Research Associate with expertise in protein and cell characterization to join Frontier Medicines Chemical Biology group. The successful candidate will provide hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture and protein characterization techniques. Experience with amino acid probe characterization, mass spectrometry and chemoproteomics will be considered a bonus.
This individual will work closely with an experienced team of interdisciplinary scientists and have regular opportunities to present findings to the project team and senior management. The candidate should have a strong desire to learn new techniques and the ability to incorporate new methodologies into their work. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, resourceful, organized, focused, and enjoy working in a dynamic team environment driven to deliver quality proteins to enable drug discovery. The position will report to Principle Scientist in Chemical Biology.
- B.S. or Master’s degree in Chemical Biology/Biochemistry, Cell/Molecular Biology, or related field with 2+ years industry/academic lab experience.
- Hands-on expertise with protein characterization techniques such as SDS-PAGE, WB, cell lysates and enzymatic protein digestions required.
- Experience with mass spectrometry and scientific computer programing, will be considered a bonus.
- The candidate should be driven, have a desire to work in a cross-disciplinary team and thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical writing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to learn new skills.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.