August 26, 2020
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA, is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering breakthrough technologies to drug the “undruggable” proteome. Targeting a majority of the human proteome with small molecule drugs has been historically unsuccessful, which is one of the most critical challenges in addressing human disease. Frontier’s platform, based on proprietary chemoproteomic technologies, novel protein degradation approaches, and sophisticated machine learning algorithms, makes drugging the “undruggable” proteome finally feasible – enabling a paradigm shift in drug discovery. Our therapeutic programs are focused on some of the most important and difficult targets in human disease, starting with cancer, in order to change the lives of patients for the better.
On Sept. 23, 2019, FierceBiotech named Frontier Medicines as one of 2019’s Fierce 15 biotechnology companies. This is FierceBiotech’s 17th annual Fierce 15 selection, which recognizes the most promising private biotechnology companies in the industry.
Frontier Medicines is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Research Associate, Biophysics, to join our Discovery Biology team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing in vitro biochemical and biophysical assays to drive the drug discovery pipeline by conducting compound screening, lead identification and mechanism of action studies.
As a member of a cross-disciplinary team of scientists, the successful candidate will contribute to advancement of projects by generating binding/kinetic data and will be interacting with project teams routinely. This is an opportunity to join and work in a highly collaborative and energetic team in a startup environment with short communication lines across functions and departments.
- Design, execute, and analyze key small molecule biophysical experiments as well as develop novel biophysical approaches to drug discovery while employing a high level of independence and creativity.
- Contribute to hit finding, lead identification and optimization efforts, and further enable development of a preclinical pipeline for multiple drug discovery programs.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues and stakeholders; create and present research updates at project team meetings and other settings.
- Maintain a clear, detailed laboratory notebook to document all experiments and findings.
- Comply with best laboratory safety practices.
- Master’s degree with at least three years of relevant experience, or a B.S. with five years of relevant experience.
- Experience using biophysical and/or biochemical techniques to analyze protein-small molecule and protein-protein interactions is required.
- Hands on experience using Surface Plasmon Resonance (SPR) spectroscopy, especially on Biacore platforms (e.g., S200, 8k+).
- Expertise in kinetic and thermodynamic characterization of ligand binding interactions.
- Practical experience with other biophysical techniques like Isothermal Titration Calorimetry (ITC), Differential Scanning Fluorimetry (DSF and nanoDSF), Nuclear Magnetic Resonance (NMR) spectroscopy as well as with characterization of proteins using bioanalytical techniques is highly desirable.
- Experience in developing solution-based biochemical assays also highly desirable.
- Experience with laboratory instrumentation and automation for medium throughput screening is a plus.
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical writing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to learn new skills.
- Ability to work with independence and drive in a startup environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.