November 9, 2020
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA, is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering breakthrough technologies to drug the “undruggable” proteome. A majority of the human proteome has not been addressable with small molecule drugs. Frontier’s platform, based on proprietary chemoproteomic technologies, covalent fragment-based drug discovery, novel protein degradation approaches, and sophisticated machine learning algorithms, makes drugging the “undruggable” proteome finally feasible – enabling a paradigm shift in drug discovery. Our therapeutic programs are focused on some of the most important and difficult targets in human disease, starting with cancer. We intend to change the lives of patients for the better.
FierceBiotech named Frontier Medicines as one of 2019’s Fierce 15 biotechnology companies. This is FierceBiotech’s 17th annual Fierce 15 selection, which recognizes the most promising private biotechnology companies in the industry. Also in 2019, C&EN named Frontier Medicines one of its 10 start-ups to watch.
Frontier Medicines is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Research Associate, Biochemistry, in our growing Discovery Biology team. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing a variety of novel binding and enzymatic assays to drive the drug discovery pipeline by conducting compound screening, lead identification and mechanism of action studies. The candidate is expected to have demonstrated lab experience in Biochemistry in an industrial or academic setting.
As a member of a cross-disciplinary team of scientists, the successful candidate will contribute to advancement of projects and will be interacting with project teams routinely. This is an opportunity to join and work in a highly collaborative and energetic team in a startup environment with short communication lines across functions and departments.
At Frontier Medicines, we are focused on the discovery of new medicines to treat cancers and other serious disorders leveraging our evolving internal chemoproteomics pipeline.
- Design, develop and execute standard and novel biochemical assays for lead identification, optimization, and characterization with a high level of independence and creativity.
- Troubleshoot and optimize experiments to ensure generation of accurate and high-quality data.
- Analyze data and provide updates to project teams and stakeholders while meeting strict timelines and goals.
- Maintain a clear, detailed laboratory notebook to document all experiments and findings.
- Comply with best laboratory safety practices.
- Master’s or bachelor’s degree with at least 3-5 years of relevant experience.
- Experience in developing solution-based biochemical assays such as fluorescence intensity, fluorescence polarization, FRET, TR-FRET, and AlphaScreen.
- Experience in kinetic and thermodynamic characterization and quantitative analysis of ligand binding interactions.
- Practical experience with biophysical techniques such as SPR, BLI, ITC, Differential Scanning Fluorimetry (DSF and nanoDSF) is highly desirable.
- Experience with laboratory instrumentation and automation for medium throughput screening.
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical writing skills.
- Attention to detail and ability to learn new skills.
- Ability to work with independence and drive in a startup environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.