October 22, 2020
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA, is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering breakthrough technologies to drug the “undruggable” proteome. Frontier Medicines’ proprietary platform uses chemoproteomics – an innovative approach to chemically interrogate proteins in living systems – to discover and pharmacologically target new binding pockets (or hotspots) on proteins for the purpose of making them accessible to therapeutic intervention. FierceBiotech named Frontier Medicines as one of 2019’s Fierce 15 biotechnology companies, which recognizes the most promising private biotechnology companies in the industry.
Frontier Medicines is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our Informatics team as a R&D Informatics/Data Engineer. Frontier relies, at its core, on a unique and high data volume R&D platform. Our scientists create and constantly develop new methods that generate more diverse and higher volume data from various experiment types including biochemical, mass spectrometry and other biophysical methods. Capturing, transforming, organizing, analyzing and visualizing these data is crucial for Frontier’s success and an is an ongoing effort. The successful candidate will closely work with the research and data scientists to identify, design and develop informatics solutions for the processing of key data that facilitate actionable decisions and lead to the advancement of drug discovery programs. This is an opportunity to join and work in a highly collaborative and energetic team at a central function in a startup environment with short communication lines across departments.
- Work closely with key stakeholders to design, implement and support research informatic solutions directed towards the capture, processing, analysis and visualization of data generated from assays and custom data workflows.
- Prototype informatics solutions in a fast and efficient manner to aid in the design and troubleshooting of issues, in preparation for production-level solutions.
- Perform data engineering tasks on a routine basis; champion development of production ready workflows.
- Assist in the design, and maintain, the chemical, protein, cell line and biologics registration and inventory system.
- Develop and maintain electronic notebook-based applications and templates.
- Provide hands-on application support.
- Identify gaps in current in current methodologies, be able to implement new technologies in the field of research informatics and lead the internalization of novel solutions.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues and stakeholders; create and present research updates.
- B.S., M.S. in Information Technology, Computer Science or the Life Sciences with a focus on computation and informatics.
- Technical skills such as Python, Java, JSON, HTML, XML and SQL are required.
- Experience in data model and database design, and implantation & maintenance is required.
- Experience with, and proficient working in, cloud-based environments is required.
- Experience with the data processing, analysis and visualization of assay data (e.g. biochemical, cellular, gene expression, biophysical, chemoproteomics and in vivo) is desired.
- Experience developing scientific informatics solutions for advancing drug discovery efforts is desired.
- Direct experience with the Dotmatics suite of applications is desired and a strong plus.
- Experience with design and development of APIs is desired.
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical writing skills.
- Working experience in a biotech setting is a plus.
- The candidate should be driven, independent, experienced working in a cross-disciplinary team and thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.