September 10, 2020
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA, is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering breakthrough technologies to drug the “undruggable” proteome. Targeting a majority of the human proteome with small molecule drugs has been historically unsuccessful, which is one of the most critical challenges in addressing human disease. Frontier’s platform, based on proprietary chemoproteomic technologies, novel protein degradation approaches, and sophisticated machine learning algorithms, makes drugging the “undruggable” proteome finally feasible – enabling a paradigm shift in drug discovery. Our therapeutic programs are focused on some of the most important and difficult targets in human disease, starting with cancer, in order to change the lives of patients for the better.
On Sept. 23, 2019, FierceBiotech named Frontier Medicines as one of 2019’s Fierce 15 biotechnology companies. This is FierceBiotech’s 17th annual Fierce 15 selection, which recognizes the most promising private biotechnology companies in the industry.
Frontier Medicines is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Principle Scientist, Disease Biology. This person will play a leading role in the rapidly growing field of targeted protein degradation, with a focus on understanding the roles of E3 ubiquitin ligases and other degrader proteins and discovery of novel ligands to facilitate the design of novel therapeutic degraders. Frontier Medicines is focused on the discovery of new medicines to treat cancers and other serious disorders. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to lead drug discovery project teams, help determine team strategy, oversee the design, performance, and interpretation of key experiments to discover novel therapies. The position will report to the Head of Disease Biology and be located in South San Francisco.
- Oversee the development and execution of cell-based and biochemical approaches to evaluate targeted protein degradation including assessment of target and E3 ligase biology, ubiquitin proteasome pathway activities, autophagy-lysosomal pathway, evaluation of downstream function in physiologically and biochemically relevant assays.
- To develop additional novel approaches to protein degradation, with a high level of independence and creativity.
- Contribute to target selection, target validation, screening and further enablement to develop a preclinical pipeline of valuable protein degraders.
- Contribute to the preclinical development of lead assets to achieve project deliverables.
- Lead multi-disciplinary teams to achieve project goals.
- Effectively communicate with colleagues and stakeholders; create and present research updates and provide strategic input to team/company meetings.
- Provide strong scientific thinking, develop hypotheses, and drive scientific learnings on projects.
- Ensure impactful project contributions through effective internal and external collaboration.
- Ph.D. in a biological science (molecular biology, cellular biology, bioengineering, or related discipline), with at least 10 years of relevant post-graduate experience.
- Experience in pharma/biotech is essential and a track record of leading successful project teams is highly desired.
- The position requires experience with protein degradation systems and advanced understanding of the ubiquitin-proteasome and/or autophagy-lysosomal degradation mechanisms, as evident by publication/patent record or industry track record.
- Experience with mammalian cell culture and associated techniques including siRNA/shRNA knockdown and CRISPR.
- Experience with cellular and biochemical techniques, including FACS, ELISA, immuno-blotting, and immunohistochemistry.
- Excellent communication, organization, and technical writing skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills, ability to learn new skills.
- Demonstrated track record of accomplishments and publications in biology and drug discovery.
- Ability to work with independence and drive in a startup environment.
- A commitment to excellence, including ensuring that fellow team members focus on high quality science and a professional working environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.