January 28, 2021
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA, is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering breakthrough technologies to drug the “undruggable” proteome. Targeting a majority of the human proteome with small molecule drugs has been historically unsuccessful, which is one of the most critical challenges in addressing human disease. Frontier’s platform, based on proprietary chemoproteomic technologies, novel protein degradation approaches, and sophisticated machine learning algorithms, makes drugging the “undruggable” proteome finally feasible – enabling a paradigm shift in drug discovery. Our therapeutic programs are focused on some of the most important and difficult targets in human disease, starting with cancer, in order to change the lives of patients for the better.
Frontier Medicines is in search of a talented Facilities Manager. This is an excellent opportunity to join a tight knit team and partner with a company that is focused on innovative technologies. The ideal candidate will be involved in all aspects of facility operations including support for research laboratory operations. Reporting to the Head of Administrative Operations, the ideal candidate will be successful through their strategic ideas, strong hands-on execution and drive for customer service excellence. This person will also support strategic initiatives, function as a partner, and manage short-term and long-term projects. This individual should be a solutions-oriented professional with a meticulous eye for detail and will thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Ensure that the facility is fully operational with all utilities functioning properly.
- Schedule and supervise maintenance repair work and assist with checking installation and servicing building equipment.
- Maintain stock levels and parts within budget.
- Ensure compliance with state and federal regulations, and assist with energy management.
- Oversee security of building.
- Maintain ongoing communication with contractors, clients, and team.
- Assist in installations of new and existing equipment to ensure availability and presence of required services, space, etc.
- Assist Lab Manager in maintaining inventory of commonly used lab supplies and gases.
- Anticipate and identify potential problems and collaborate with others on identifying and implementing solutions.
- Assist team with general company related activities, such as large event/meeting support and time sensitive requests.
- Team player with a hands-on, can-do attitude, who is willing to respond to requests, or act on observations outside daily responsibilities to support the organization.
- Experience in a rapidly growing biotech organization with responsibility for creating solutions and processes.
- 5-8+ years of relevant experience.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal skills in order to maintain a high standard of communication with internal/external audiences.
- Possess the ability to explain complex technical information to persons unfamiliar with the subject.
- Possess solid critical judgment and analytical skills.
- Strong PC (Word, Outlook, Excel) and keyboarding skills.
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
- Works well under pressure and able to meet deadlines.
- Able to operate and maintain lab mechanical equipment.
- Works well independently, in a team or group environment.
- Resourceful at information gathering and is self-sufficient.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Support site response 24/7.
- Must be able to lift 50+ lbs.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.