July 20, 2020
Frontier Medicines is seeking an EH&S and Laboratory Management professional to oversee our lab operations in South San Francisco, CA. Frontier Medicines is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering breakthrough technologies to drug the “undruggable” proteome. Targeting a majority of the human proteome with small molecule drugs has been historically unsuccessful, which is one of the most critical challenges in addressing human disease. Frontier’s platform, based on proprietary chemoproteomic technologies, novel protein degradation approaches, and sophisticated machine learning algorithms, makes drugging the “undruggable” proteome finally feasible – enabling a paradigm shift in drug discovery. Our therapeutic programs are focused on some of the most important and difficult targets in human disease, starting with cancer, in order to change the lives of patients for the better, Frontier Medicines is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Manager Environmental Health and Safety (EH&S) and Lab Operations. The successful candidate will have experience managing EH&S programs and Lab operations in an R&D environment. This is a full-time position reporting to the CSO.
- Supports the development and implementation of environmental health and safety programs and completion of required environmental reports.
- Responsible for coordinating EH&S training and delivery.
- Supports audits and evaluation of current policies, procedures, and documentation to assure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Leads and participates in investigations to effectively identify root cause(s) with applicable corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Oversees the management of laboratory operations including purchasing, supply inventory, shipping and receiving, delivery of laboratory services, management of laboratory waste streams, anticipating future needs.
- Manages and updates Chemical inventories and/or Risk Group Agent inventories.
- Responsible for management of compound library and inventory.
- Oversees acquisition, installation, and training for large capital equipment.
- Ensures maintenance of laboratory equipment performance by developing operations, quality, and troubleshooting procedures; ensuring staff compliance; certifying instrument performance; arranging equipment replacement, cleaning, de-frosting, service, and repair.
- Investigates problems and implements appropriate corrective actions, ensuring staff compliance with the Standard Operation Procedures (SOP)s.
- Coordinates laboratory activities to ensure that services are provided on schedule with quality and cost objectives.
- Communicates and enforces laboratory safety rules to internal and external researchers working in the lab.
- Ability and willingness to respond to emergency situations and maintain a perpetual state of readiness.
- Bachelor’s degree in EHS related discipline, engineering or physical sciences and a minimum of 5 years of related experience in a medical device, biotech/pharmaceutical environment.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Prior experience in development and implementation of EH&S compliance audit program.
- In depth knowledge of laboratory equipment, laboratory automation and the operation of R&D Laboratories.
- Leadership and collaborative skills are required to ensure execution and compliance with EH&S and operational programs across the organization.
- Ability to design, develop, and implement EH&S Management Systems including safety and health programs.
- In depth knowledge of the Shipping & Receiving function and ability to support the needs of the team.
- Strong technical, written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with a demonstrated ability to maintain clear, accurate and up-to-date records.
- Occasional evening and weekend work will be required.
- The candidate should be driven, have experience working in a cross-disciplinary team and thrive in a dynamic start-up environment.
- A commitment to excellence, with a focus on building a high quality and professional R&D working environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.