October 31, 2020
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA, is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering breakthrough technologies to drug the “undruggable” proteome. Frontier Medicines’ proprietary platform uses chemoproteomics – an innovative approach to chemically interrogate proteins in living systems – to discover and pharmacologically target new binding pockets (or hotspots) on proteins for the purpose of making them accessible to therapeutic intervention. Our therapeutic programs are focused on some of the most important and difficult targets in human disease, starting with cancer, in order to change the lives of patients for the better. FierceBiotech named Frontier Medicines as one of 2019’s Fierce 15 biotechnology companies, which recognizes the most promising private biotechnology companies in the industry.
Frontier Medicines is seeking a multi-talented and highly motivated IT individual to join our growing team. As the IT support point person, the successful candidate will work closely with employees across the company supporting a diverse set of IT needs focusing on hardware and software and spanning from desktop support & video conferencing to printer and building security system maintenance. The task will range from simple activities to more complex problems and reach into strategic discussions and decision making of future IT investments.
This role is key to Frontier Medicine’s success and a chance to work in a highly collaborative and energetic team in a biotech startup environment. The successful candidate will not only gain insight in their support role in a variety of business and IT areas, but also have the opportunity to intersect with research informatics, software developer and data scientist experts and work on our on-premise and cloud based high performance computing environments.
- Configure, install and maintain PC hardware and software including peripherals, perform problem diagnosis, and recommend solutions.
- Perform hardware and software Installation.
- Printer support.
- MS Office tools installation & troubleshooting.
- Strong problem solving of a diverse set of IT challenges.
- Occasional support of Data Science and scientific software development teams.
- Provide input and help maintain on prem server and cloud-based computing environments.
- Develop and maintain backup and archive systems and solutions.
- Develop and implement procedures for user on/off-boarding.
- B.S. or greater in Information Technology or a related field or significant experience in supporting and managing desktop computers and software.
- At least 2 years professional experience in an IT supporting role.
- Expert knowledge in
- Windows OS
- Microsoft Office & Office 365 applications
- PC/Laptop hardware
- PC/Laptop peripherals, including printers
- Basic knowledge of
- Active Directory, Okta
- Cloud based computing and cloud-based data storage systems
- Cloud based business applications, e.g. Box, Office 365, Teams
- Python Scripting, SQL
- Excellent service and people skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Confident in multitasking and juggling time and resources.
- Great organizational skills and very detail-oriented working style.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.