April 19, 2021
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA, is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering breakthrough technologies to drug the “undruggable” proteome. Targeting much of the human proteome with small molecule drugs has been historically unsuccessful, which is one of the most critical challenges in addressing human disease. Frontier’s platform, based on proprietary chemoproteomic technologies, novel protein degradation approaches, and sophisticated machine learning algorithms, makes drugging the “undruggable” proteome finally feasible – enabling a paradigm shift in drug discovery. Our therapeutic programs are focused on some of the most important and difficult targets in human disease, starting with cancer, in order to change the lives of patients for the better.
On Sept. 23, 2019, FierceBiotech named Frontier Medicines as one of 2019’s Fierce 15 biotechnology companies. This is FierceBiotech’s 17th annual Fierce 15 selection, which recognizes /the most promising private biotechnology companies in the industry.
Frontier Medicines is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the position of Head of Culture & Learning. This position will serve as a member of senior management and will plan, direct, and evaluate strategic initiatives in people and cultural development to support the company’s rapid growth and cultural integrity. The Head of Culture & Learning is responsible for the design, implementation and evaluation of professional development activities and cultural development initiatives, including but not limited to: strategically assessing development needs, orchestrating learning skills and career development of the workforce, employee orientation, education, and training, management development, and values-driven organization development (strategic company-wide programs, and thematic or business-process driven, cross-functional, cross-hierarchy, cross-site team-building to maintain high levels of engagement and cultural alignment).
- Partner with senior management to support Frontier’s growth and positioning in its strategic ecosystem by fostering its lived values and high levels of people engagement.
- Evaluate individual and organizational development needs.
- Design and deliver organizational development programs between and across departments, sites and all levels of hierarchy.
- Oversee and direct all activities related to planning, development, implementation, and evaluation of professional development learning strategies and programs.
- Collaborate with all necessary departments to promote professional development activities.
- Establish high levels of quality, accuracy, and process consistency.
- Implement various learning methods companywide (e.g. coaching, job-shadowing, e-learning courses, workshops and other trainings, and maintain a learning management system that ensures effective learning outcomes).
- Assess the success of development plans and help employees make the most of learning opportunities.
- Help managers develop their team members through career pathing.
- Ensure ongoing compliance and maintenance of Frontier Medicines’ Policies and Procedures and other external requirements and guidelines.
- Identify changes in the learning and organizational development environments and evaluate and adjust plans and processes accordingly.
- Oversee the learning section of the website.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate budget as necessary.
- At least 10 years progressive experience in adult learning and organizational development, at least 5 of the years in a strategic leadership role.
- BSc/BA in Business, Psychology or a related field.
- Able to develop strong, trusting relationships within department and organization in a world of fast-moving and changing expectations of the employee population.
- Proven success with interpersonal skills, coaching and listening skills, and the ability to communicate within all levels of the organization.
- Thrives in a dynamic environment and able to work on various projects simultaneously, requiring strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strategic thinking skills to work with the CEO and executive team to set direction.
- Current knowledge of effective learning and development methods.
- Familiarity with e-learning platforms and practices.
- Experience in project management and budgeting.
- Proficient in MS Office and Learning Management Systems (LMS).
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills; sharp business acumen.
- Data driven, systems thinker who can generate and execute ideas at strategic and tactical levels.
- Thrives in a fast‐paced environment, integrating activities, new technologies, and agendas while adhering to deadlines and budgets.
- Instinctive collaborator with strong staff management experience who values teamwork and the input of others.
- Creative visionary with a passion for learning and professional development and the ability to clearly articulate ideas and concepts.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to understand the big picture.
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.