October 13, 2020
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA, is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering breakthrough technologies to drug the “undruggable” proteome. Targeting a majority of the human proteome with small molecule drugs, one of the most critical challenges in addressing human disease, has been historically unsuccessful. Frontier’s platform, based on proprietary chemoproteomic technologies, novel protein degradation approaches, and sophisticated machine learning algorithms, makes drugging the “undruggable” proteome finally feasible – enabling a paradigm shift in drug discovery. Our therapeutic programs are focused on some of the most important and difficult targets in human disease, starting with cancer, in order to change the lives of patients for the better.
FierceBiotech named Frontier Medicines as one of 2019’s Fierce 15 biotechnology companies. This is FierceBiotech’s 17th annual Fierce 15 selection, which recognizes the most promising private biotechnology companies in the industry.
Frontier Medicines is seeking a highly motivated Director of DMPK. A successful candidate will be responsible for designing, implementing, and interpreting in vitro and in vivo studies to understand adsorption, distribution, metabolism, and excretion (ADME) as an integral part of the drug discovery team, to drive to development candidate selection and into clinical development. As a member of project teams, you will collaborate to define target product profiles, identify ADME issues/solutions, align pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics, and facilitate the rapid advancement of development candidates. The Director of DMPK will be accountable for establishing DMPK strategy and tactical planning along with in-house and external execution, outsourcing, monitoring, and reporting nonclinical studies while ensuring high-data quality for regulatory submissions such as INDs and NDAs. The position will report to the Chief Scientific Officer and will be located in South San Francisco.
- Lead overall scientific, technical, and operational efforts supporting DMPK across the project portfolio.
- Provide scientific guidance on lead optimization and work in close collaboration with colleagues to optimize and evaluate the DMPK properties of candidate drugs.
- Define appropriate strategies, design internal/external DMPK studies and be responsible for oversight and deliverables from external studies.
- Ensure complete preclinical assessment of the ADME properties of lead molecules and development candidates.
- Responsible for elucidation of metabolites and understanding routes of elimination to support medicinal chemistry and toxicology studies.
- Responsible for assembling IND enabling preclinical PK packages to make evidence based clinical dose projections.
- Responsible for scientific/technical aspects as well as management of studies including protocol development, budget, timelines, oversight of outsourced activities, data analysis/interpretation, and report writing.
- Ph.D. in pharmaceutics, biochemistry, chemistry, or related discipline, with 10+ years of extensive training and industry experience in bioanalysis, metabolism, and pharmacokinetics in the context of drug discovery project teams.
- A strong background in DMPK and pharmacokinetics/pharmacodynamics as applied to small molecule drug discovery and experience with covalent-drug molecules.
- Extensive knowledge of metabolic routes of biotransformation, metabolite identification, and the chemistry of drug metabolism are required.
- Technical knowledge in multiple DMPK areas and an in-depth understanding of the experimental DMPK methodologies and approaches utilized in optimizing the ADME properties of small-molecule oral drugs.
- Experience in design and interpretation of multi-species PK and methods to model human dose/exposure.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills including exceptional collaboration and relationship management skills.
- Independent researcher with excellent time and people management capabilities and who is seeking to be a critical part of and to help lead cross-functional teams to support the company’s drug discovery projects.
- Successful track record of publications in high-impact, peer-reviewed journals and presentations at relevant research meetings.
- Proficient in the use of WinNonLin, GastroPlus/ADMET Predictor®.
- A commitment to excellence, including ensuring that fellow team members focus on high quality science and a professional working environment.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.