November 9, 2020
Frontier Medicines, located in South San Francisco, CA, is a pre-clinical stage biopharmaceutical company that is pioneering breakthrough technologies to drug the “undruggable” proteome. A majority of the human proteome has not been addressable with small molecule drugs. Frontier’s platform, based on proprietary chemoproteomic technologies, covalent fragment-based drug discovery, novel protein degradation approaches, and sophisticated machine learning algorithms, makes drugging the “undruggable” proteome finally feasible – enabling a paradigm shift in drug discovery. Our therapeutic programs are focused on some of the most important and difficult targets in human disease, starting with cancer. We intend to change the lives of patients for the better.
FierceBiotech named Frontier Medicines as one of 2019’s Fierce 15 biotechnology companies. This is FierceBiotech’s 17th annual Fierce 15 selection, which recognizes the most promising private biotechnology companies in the industry. Also, in 2019, C&EN named Frontier Medicines one of its 10 start-ups to watch.
Frontier Medicines is seeking a highly motivated individual for a newly created compound and sample manager. The successful candidate will be accountable for storage, retrieval and distribution of compounds for biological assays as well as chemical building blocks for compound synthesis and QC. The position will be located in South San Francisco.
- Manage the receipt and storage of compounds and samples.
- Manage registration data QC for synthesized and purchased compounds.
- Evaluate cross-departmental needs for sample format and delivery.
- Collaborate with scientists from multiple disciplines (internal and external) to design and implement workflows for sample distribution.
- Develop, write and train procedures for compound management and sample distribution.
- Develop methods for liquid handlers, tube sorters, barcode readers and other automation.
- B.S. or M.S. in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Biology or related discipline required.
- Five (5) years of applicable experience within the life sciences industry.
- Hands-on experience in compound management and an excellent understanding of underlying processes.
- Experience operating, programming and troubleshooting various instrumentation including acoustic dispensers, 384 well pipetting systems, plate handlers, tube sorters.
- Exquisite attention to detail.
- Legally authorized to work in the US.
To apply, please send your resume to email@example.com.